Job Title: State Library Program Specialist- Library Dev And Svcs Spec
Job ID: 30278
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Leading for educational excellence and equity. Every day for everyone. The Minnesota Department of Education serves a wide and diverse range of customers: approximately 850,000 K-12 students and their families; 118,000 young children participating in a variety of early learning programs including Head Start and ECFE; 82,000 adult learners participating in adult education programs including GED and citizenship programs; Minnesota’s 339 school districts, 165 charter schools, and over 52,000 licensed teachers.
Collaboration- Partner and serve for the greater good.
Leadership- Take ownership and responsibility.
Equity- Innovate for justice, fairness and inclusion.
Job Class: Library Development And Services Specialist
Working Title: State Library Program Specialist
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 02/08/2019
Closing Date: 02/22/2019
Bid Open Date: 02/08/2019
Bid Close Date: 02/14/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Education Department / MDE-Central Office-MAPE
Division/Unit: Education-St Paul / State Library Services RV
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work:
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $27.18 – $40.30/hourly; $56,751 – $84,146/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
In this role, you will administer state aid and grant programs for library systems including the Regional Library Basic System Support, Regional Library Telecom Aid, Multi-County Multi-Type Aid, Library Construction Grants, and the state-certified level of library support process. Duties include:
– Developing, revising, distributing, reviewing, and accepting state aid application and report documents that reflect state statutes and rules;
– Providing technical assistance to grant and aid applicants and awardees;
– Managing the minimum library support determination and notification process so that cities and counties are aware of their financial obligations;
– Administering the Public Library Construction grant program to ensure modern and accessible library buildings are available to Minnesotans;
– Develop partnerships with external organizations so that Minnesota’s libraries are better connected to projects and initiatives with statewide impact.
*CURRENT permanent-classified MDE employees represented by MAPE who are eligible for interest bidding for the position should consult Article 16, Vacancies, Filling of Positions, Section 3, Job Posting and Interest Bidding, of their negotiated agreement. In order to be considered for the position as an interest bidder your application must be received by the “Closed for Bid” date listed above.*
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
Three (3) years of professional library experience.
Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, guidelines, policies and best practices in order to administer funds accurately and provide technical assistance.
– Experience with governmental finance