Salary: $32,389.76 – $40,865.76 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 17LIB839LMS114
Closing: 10/16/2017 11:59 PM Central
Hennepin County Library (HCL) is seeking to fill multiple Specialist positions at city and suburban libraries across Hennepin County. As staff who are frequently the first point of contact for patrons, Specialists make it a point to welcome patrons to the Library. Specialists interact with the public to create and manage patron accounts and to offer advice about popular reading. They also assist patrons with the use of library equipment, including providing technical assistance for patrons using library computers.
Specialists handle all borrowed and returned library books, DVDs, CDs, and magazines, keeping them in correct order for quick and easy patron access. They help patrons at the service desk in applying for and receiving library cards, paying fines and returning and checking out materials. These positions require a large amount of physical activity and great attention to detail. In addition to working daytime hours, some evening and weekend hours are required.
The list of applicants created from this posting will be used to fill current and future full-time and part-time vacancies.
Candidates bilingual in English and another language are encouraged to apply.
The primary duties and responsibilities of these positions include:
• Provide friendly and approachable customer service in person, over the telephone, and online.
• Assist with patron accounts, including:
– Check out/renew materials.
– Return materials.
– Accept payments for fines/fees.
– Process and issue library cards.
– Explain policies and procedures.
• Assist patrons with routine needs related to the use of library technology and resources, including downloadable materials, library computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, and audiovisual equipment.
• Resolve patron concerns and issues regarding service and policies, or escalate for follow-up.
• Shelve books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, and other materials in their proper location.
• Unpack, sort, organize, and distribute/pack library materials from daily deliveries and returns.
• Work with and help volunteers.
• Set up and close down the service desk and secure building at closing time following established opening and closing procedures.
• Run, use, and monitor the Automated Materials Handling System which moves materials automatically with conveyors and other electronic parts.
• Use a cash register and process daily cash reports.
• Participate in staff meetings and employee training/development.
Best Qualified Candidates must be at least 16 years of age or older and will have:
• One of the following:
– One or more years of customer service experience.
– An approved combination of post-high school education and customer service experience to equal at least one year.
• Experience working with people from backgrounds that are different from yours.
• Knowledge of the alphabet and the correct spelling of the English language.
• Working knowledge of mobile devices, computers, and computer software including Microsoft Office and internet browsers.
• Ability to:
– Work with a high volume of contact with diverse patrons while providing exceptional customer service.
– Build positive relationships with library patrons, staff, and volunteers; work cooperatively in a team environment.
– Bend to the floor, twist, and reach above one’s head to put books on shelves.
– Lift, pack, unpack, and move boxes of library materials, and push book carts requiring up to 20 pounds of push force to move, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
– Sort, shelve, and file various library materials accurately according to library classification systems (alphabetic, numeric, or alphanumeric).
– Read and follow written and verbal instructions and explain policies to patrons in English.
– Work a flexible schedule including day, evening, and weekend hours.
– Use a keyboard to perform accurate data entry.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience. Bilingual candidates must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.