Salary: $52,183.04 – $80,477.28 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 18LIB275LMS004
Closing: 2/15/2018 11:59 PM Central
The Library Services Division of Hennepin County Library (HCL) is seeking a strategic leader to support innovation and growth in Hennepin County Library as a Service Manager for Augsburg Park, East Lake, Franklin, Hosmer, Nokomis, and Roosevelt Library locations. Service managers work throughout several libraries supporting programs, services, and community connections. They are a key component of building networked support for librarians and act as partners with Patron Experience Supervisors. This position will promote and support system-wide library initiatives by participating on or leading project teams and collaborating with Hennepin County departments and community organizations in the development of services for the public.
The Library’s mission is to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together while being an extroverted organization committed to customer-centered services, collections, electronic access and resources, and programs and classes. Employees work every day to put the customer first to achieve our mission, vision and goals.
Hennepin County offers an impressive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays per year in addition to paid time off, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a defined benefit pension plan (PERA), retirement savings programs, trade time for fitness, and many more.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
• Lead the direction of programs, partnerships, community connections, and online services for a specific group of libraries.
• Coach staff in identifying and articulating community need; use data, evaluation tools, and outcome measures to support staff in developing innovative and community responsive programs and services.
• Work with Patron Experience Supervisors to identify staff development needs and provide tools, resources, and opportunities to support staff in being or becoming continuous learners.
• Develop staff capacity to manage projects and on-site services, initiate and maintain partnerships, and provide outreach services in the community.
• Identify and support pathways for innovation so that the library will continue to evolve to meet patron needs; serve on or lead committees and teams to solve problems, improve service, or promote innovation.
• Manage large-scale Library Services projects, which may include hiring, acting as a liaison to other departments, supporting facility modifications, etc.
• Collaborate with other library and county departments and divisions to develop and communicate shared strategies and services.
• Supervise, train, and plan the work of assigned staff as needed.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• Master’s degree or higher in library and information science from an ALA-accredited university and three or more years of professional library experience.
– Facilitating groups and meetings.
– Planning, coordinating, or managing complex projects and programs.
– Assessing and prioritizing projects or initiatives across multiple locations.
– In staff development.
– Using data and other tools to measure and evaluate the success of programs and services.
• Considerable knowledge of HCL services, policies, goals, and objectives.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing leadership and showing support for the county’s diversity and inclusion and respectful workplace policies.
• Access to reliable transportation in order to travel frequently between library locations.
• Ability to:
– Communicate the department and county vision, strategic direction, and purpose, and inspire others to share the vision and work toward its achievement.
– Develop and act on strategies for engaging stakeholders in decision making.
– Be an informed risk taker and try new things.
– Embrace change and lead others through change.
– Support staff in developing skills in community engagement; encourage development of relationships with community partners to ensure an appropriate and positive impact for communities.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, staff, and community partners.
– Communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.