Job Summary: Provide leadership and professional expertise in the selection, acquisition, assessment and de-selection of print serials and electronic resources.
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt/Salaried
Months Per Year: 12
Benefits Eligible: Full Benefits
Resume Required: Yes
Job Number: PRF1770001
Posting Date: January 05, 2017
• Manage electronic resources and subscriptions in all formats including ordering, invoicing, claiming, receiving, monitoring expenditures, cancelling, binding
• Facilitate access to electronic resources (both subscription and purchased content) via Bethel’s Library Services Platform, including link administration, troubleshooting, and administration
• Design and produce regular statistical reports as needed
• Train and supervise student employees
• Oversee physical subscription inventory (e.g. weeding and shifting collections)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting
• Demonstrated ability to resolve e-resource access problems
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet deadlines
• Understanding of database functionality
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of automated library systems
• Ability to work cooperatively with library staff
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
• Familiarity with AACR2, RDA, MARC, and OCLC preferred
• Library-related work experience strongly preferred, especially in Serials, Acquisitions or E-Resource management.
• At least one year supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Requires bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. Must be able to lift 30 pounds, move heavy book carts and retrieve or shift volumes from low to high shelving. Exposure to dust and other airborne allergens.
Office of Human Resources
3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112