Robins Kaplan LLP, a national litigation law firm, has an exciting opportunity in our Minneapolis location for a talented individual to join our Research Services team. The Research and Business Development Intelligence Analyst conducts legal research to support attorneys in case related matters, and conduct business development research to assist attorneys and staff with identifying prospective clients and preparing for client pitches.
• Working collaboratively with attorneys, the Marketing and Business Development team and others, you will conduct legal research, business research, competitive intelligence research, and administrative research using electronic and print resources.
• Conduct in-depth research on and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors, delivering objective, meaningful insights in a concise, compelling way.
• Distill and provide intelligence to create actionable information for business development strategy and client pitch meetings.
• Coordinate production and delivery of standard customized research deliverables, as well as larger and more in-depth research requests.
• Anticipate and report on legal and client market trends.
• Perform administrative duties for the library (password management, case pulls, online billing reports, locate books, general reference questions, etc.).
Keys to your success include: Masters of Library Science and Information or a Juris Doctorate preferred. Previous law firm library experience also preferred.
You will also have: Exceptional customer service skills, strong communication and organizational skills, strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize information from a wide variety of sources, the ability to multitask and work in a high paced environment, and computer proficiency and familiarity with legal resource systems.
Why us? We offer competitive compensation, rich benefits, and the opportunity for rewarding and challenging work with a dynamic group of professionals in a progressive law firm. If you want to put your exceptional skills to good use, submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robins Kaplan LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce.
Original posting / application information (scroll as needed)