Job Title: Research Associate 1
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018
Salary: $41,878 – $46,531
This is a Full Time position
Wilder Research is currently seeking a Research Associate 1 to support senior research staff in conducting community-based research projects. The successful candidate will join a team of researchers carrying out projects in areas such as education, human services, and public health.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Helping to coordinate research studies
• Collecting data through surveys, interviews, or focus groups
• Conducting literature reviews
• Assisting with the coding and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
• Working with senior staff to ensure the prompt and accurate completion of research reports and presentations
• Helping to prepare study reports, presentations, proposals, and other research materials.
• Assisting with the preparation of work plans, logic models, project proposals, and other research and evaluation products and tools
• Providing administrative and logistical project support
• Successful applicants will have opportunities for ongoing training and skill development.
Candidates must have a good understanding of applied research and evaluation including: instrument design, data collection, coding, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and presentation of results. Candidates must be able to understand, interpret, and describe (in writing and using charts or other graphics) survey results, secondary data, and basic statistical analyses. A bachelor’s degree is required. At least one year of relevant research experience is also required, which may include internships or assistantships. Social science research experience is preferred. Experience coordinating complex projects or components of research studies is a plus.
Successful candidates must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team, accept feedback and revise work accordingly, and work on tight timelines and manage multiple tasks. Candidates should be organized and work efficiently. Candidates should have a clear and concise writing style. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (especially Word, Excel) is required. Familiarity with analytical software (such as SPSS or Stata) is a plus.
Wilder Research has an organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion. The ability to work respectfully and effectively with professionals and community members from diverse backgrounds and experiences is essential. Bilingual fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or other languages commonly spoken in MN is a plus. Previous experience related to education, human services, and/or health is a plus, especially as related to social science research and/or program evaluation.
Please specifically address these job qualifications in your cover letter.
Competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental, 401(k), life, disability, flexible spending and development funds. Eligible federal loans may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).