Salary: $50,352.64 – $76,941.28 Annually
Location: North Regional Library
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 18LIBB18JRF124
Closing: 10/30/2018 11:59 PM Central
Hennepin County Library (HCL) has an opening for a full-time Patron Experience Supervisor at North Regional Library. At this location, two Supervisors work together to support the North Regional team, the building, the community, and the library system.
These supervisors are pivotal leaders who manage public service in Hennepin County libraries. They ensure that library programs and services reflect their diverse communities. They emphasize community engagement and equity so that our libraries and their communities thrive.
Successful supervisors are excellent communicators who can develop relationships, motivate individuals, and build effective teams. As key members of the management team for Hennepin County Libraries, they collaborate with other managers to provide development opportunities for staff learning and growth. Their work is critical to creating a Hennepin County where every person has the opportunity and resources to read, graduate, engage, work, and learn.
Location and hours:
The North Regional Library is located at the intersection of Lowry and Fremont Avenues, and functions as a community hub for the residential neighborhoods surrounding it.
It is one of the busiest libraries in our system of 41. North Regional is a critical resource for adults finding jobs, using computers, and getting technical assistance. We are a community safe space for kids and teens, and we serve as caring adults in their lives, especially after school and in the summer time. We offer youth, via a partnership with the school system, a year-round snack program and a summer lunch program.
The schedule will include a regular rotation of evening and weekend shifts. Candidates must have flexibility to work varying shifts. North Regional Library is open to the public 62 hours each week; Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 9:00am to 8:00pm; Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm; and Sunday, Noon to 5:00pm.
In this position, you will:
• Provide vision and leadership to prioritize, shape, and coordinate library services including customer service, collection maintenance, local programs, and community connections.
• Supervise, train, plan, and support the work of assigned staff, including providing coaching, performance management, and opportunities for employee development.
• Manage operational and logistical needs related to library buildings and services, including scheduling staff and directing workflow priorities.
• Serve as project manager and/or team leader on system-wide programs, projects, or initiatives.
Need to have:
One of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, business administration, or other field appropriate to the position and two or more years of experience in general administrative work leading teams or projects.
• Six or more years of general administrative work leading teams or projects.
Nice to have:
• Experience in supervision.
• Skill in supervising for exceptional customer service.
• Experience working with youth.
• Ability to create supportive environments, lead change, manage conflict, and evaluate performance.
Candidates with fluency in another language in addition to English are encouraged to apply. Bilingual candidates who pass a language assessment may qualify for additional bilingual pay and duties.
About the department:
Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich Hennepin County employees and clients.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Those interested in this position at other locations are also encouraged to apply at this time.
This position is internally classified as a Administrative Assistant, Intermediate.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.