The Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS) is seeking a librarian with 3 or more years of experience in public libraries to fill the position of OWLSnet Manager. This position is responsible for the overall administration of the OWLSnet automation consortium, including the coordination of policies and procedures agreed upon by consortium members, and working with the Library Services Manager on the technical operation of library automation software.
OWLS operates a shared, integrated library automation network (OWLSnet) for 49 public libraries in Northeast Wisconsin. We seek to coordinate and strengthen public library service in our member libraries through consulting, technology, delivery, and training. People who excel at OWLS are self-motivated, can work well independently and on a team, and can balance attention to detail with an appreciation of the big picture.
OWLS is located in downtown Appleton, Wisconsin, a friendly, growing community with a vibrant downtown and an active arts community. Appleton is situated in the Fox River Valley, an area characterized by good schools, a low cost of living, a low crime rate, and many busy public libraries.
• Master’s degree in Library Science.
• Experience in working with automated circulation and catalog systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a wide variety and diversity of people.
• Proficiency in using computers, including proficiency with Windows operating system, spreadsheets, word processing, email, and web browsing applications.
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license or ability to obtain one, means of transportation, and willingness to travel to member libraries and state-level meetings.
• Willingness to attend relevant statewide, regional and national conferences.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings or weekends.
• Management experience in personnel management, organizational planning and evaluation, and program planning and evaluation.
• Special training and skills in interpersonal dynamics, group facilitation, or consensus-building.
• Progressively responsible experience, including administrative responsibilities in a public organization or agency.
• Knowledge of public administration principles, procedures, technology, goals and philosophy of service.
• Familiarity with Sierra/Millennium library automation software and experience working in an automation consortium environment.
The starting wage for this full-time, exempt position is $53,000, negotiable depending on experience. OWLS provides a comprehensive benefit package including paid health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Position open immediately. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 11, 2017. Applications accepted until position filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete job description, see https://owlsnet.org/about/jobs/owls/owlsnet-manager. For more information about us, please see www.owlsweb.org/.