Date Closing: until filled
To provide the leadership and expertise required to ensure the Meadowview library media program is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of Meadowview Elementary and the strategic direction of Farmington Area Public Schools.
Create a school “learning hub” by developing and administering an Integrated school library media program. Instruct students and staff in the effective use of the media center, information and technology literacy skills, and the use of equipment including, but not limited to the school issued iPad and district supported learning apps. Evaluate, select and procure print and digital resources and related equipment. Develop systemic procedures within the media center that support the continuous growth of a 21st century school library media program. Develop a working knowledge of the curriculum in grades K-5. Implement a results-oriented information and technology literacy curriculum that is integrated with subject area curriculum through partnerships with teachers. Provide leadership and guidance for effectively integrating technology into instruction to enhance learning and support the development of 21st century learning skills. Instruct teachers, administrators, and other staff in the use of new information technologies as they emerge. Recommend and procure resources for staff for use in meeting their instructional objectives.
* Current appropriate Minnesota teaching license and see attached job description.
* Familiar with AR, Balanced Literacy, Technology, and NWEA MAP Assessments preferred.
Responsibilities of the Library Media Specialist include but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with teachers to integrate research, information retrieval skills, and literature appreciation into the curriculum.
* Assist teachers and students in using information resources and incorporating information skills into classroom curriculum.
* Guide students in locating, processing, critically evaluating, and communicating information and to assess the processes and products of the learning.
* Select and provide resources and technologies needed to integrate and produce authentic learning experiences.
* Prepare and oversee a media/technology program budget.
* Promote media/technology programs, services and its materials by maintaining a positive relationship with students, staff and community.
Internal candidates: June 17, 2018
External candidates: Open until filled
Applicants please apply online.