Media Integration Specialist, 1.0 FTE – St. Katharine Drexel School, St. Cloud
Position: Media Integration Specialist (1.0 FTE) – St. Cloud, Minnesota
Reports To: School Principal
The primary objective of a Media Integration Specialist is to provide accessible tools for students and staff to direct, enhance, and support the learning process. Knowledge of curricular areas is essential to serve the interdisciplinary needs of the learning community. The Media Integration Specialist’s goal is to work in a flexible environment, collaborate with staff, teach skills to students and staff, and maintain the Media Center’s holdings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum B.S. in Elementary/Secondary Education, including library science/media
- A valid State of Minnesota License in Elementary or Secondary Education
- Experience with multiple forms of instructional technology
- Experience in elementary or secondary education and demonstrated knowledge of technology use and integration.
- Post-graduate degree in library and information science or educational media from an accredited institution
- Experience in a like position
- Successful classroom teaching experience
- Experience with staff development or training of adults
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of new computer, video, communication, web-based technologies, curriculum design, and working knowledge of instructional design and assessments.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to others and remain receptive to new ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to address criticism appropriately and develop constructive outcomes.
- Demonstrate sustained effort and enthusiasm in the quality and quantity of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to educate and mentor technology users.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with staff, students, and the community.
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational skills, and prioritization of work to meet the users’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire new knowledge regarding technology.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the use of technology.
- Demonstrate excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to design and deliver technology-enhanced instruction.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with teachers in composing effective technology-infused, content-based lessons and supports the teachers as they implement the lessons in their classrooms.
- Promotes model instructional practices and the role technology plays in them.
- Articulates appropriate instructional technology practices as described in technology standards for students and teachers.
Provides assistance and training to instructional staff in integrating technology to support student achievement. This includes planning and implementing job-embedded professional development and workshops for individuals, small groups, and large groups. Collaborates in evaluating, selecting, and implementing instructional technology materials and software.
Welcome to St. Katharine Drexel School (SKD) – we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
SKD is a Catholic Pre-K through 5th-grade elementary school where, beyond academics, we teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service, and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students, and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where children are eager to learn and parents see themselves as partners in their child’s education. Our 1:15 teacher/student ratio means that you will get to know each student individually, enabling you to celebrate their accomplishments and be readily available to help them with their individual needs. At SKD, your colleagues all share your values of educating and nurturing each student to become the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not just about academics, it’s about developing the whole self; their character, confidence, potential, God-given talents, and faith.
We are confident you will love it here!
Location: 428 2nd Street SE, St. Cloud, MN 56304
Send a letter of interest, resume and letters of recommendation to:
Maria Heymans-Becker, Principal
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator