Job Title: Market Information Analyst, Market Intelligence
Reports to: Director Market Intelligence & Marketing Operations
Brands: Marvin Windows and Doors | Integrity by Marvin | Infinity Replacement Windows by Marvin
Location: 2020 Silver Bell Rd, Ste 15, Eagan, MN 55122
This position is accountable for being well-informed of trends in the fenestration and construction industries, local and national economic housing conditions, as well as any other external factors impacting The Marvin Companies’ business. The person in this role will routinely have the opportunity to proactively educate Marvin’s business leaders on these external trends and factors in addition to responding to specific strategic initiatives and requests from internal business clients. A successful individual in this role will be inquisitive in nature, have the storytelling ability to highlight key themes and trends from a variety of data sources, work collaboratively within the business, and have dynamic verbal and written communication prowess.
The people that make up the Marvin Family of Brands are dedicated to enriching the places where we live and work. What began over 100 years ago as a family company built on an old-fashioned code of honesty, hard work, and service to their neighbors is now one of the world’s premier window and door companies. Through our three unique brands—Marvin, Integrity, and Infinity—and each brand’s unique offerings of customization and performance, we can provide a solution to any project. For everything from new construction to remodeling and replacements, to commercial building and even historical restorations, we never take shortcuts, and we always adhere to the highest possible standards and the highest levels of service. We stand behind every one of our products, every step of the way.
Our entire organization is on a path toward both current and future success by winning, growing, and thinking differently. To us, this means that we empower our employees to make brilliant decisions; we embrace flexibility with accountability; we encourage our employees to take ownership of their career growth; and we challenge employees to demonstrate initiative and propose solutions to consistently move us forward.
Innovation and quality are our heritage and our future. We have our finger on the pulse of our customers’ needs, which guides our focus, securing our industry leadership status. Above all, we are family – Marvin family founded, owned, and led, which inspires our deeply collaborative, high performance work environments. We are innovators. We are passionate. And we trust each other, because many of us have nearly 20 years of expertise to share with those who bring new ideas and fresh ways of thinking to our teams. If that’s you, join us.
Essential Job Functions
Data Analysis and Reporting (50% time allocation)
• Monitor industry newsletters, articles, webinars, and information in the Voice of the Customer/Voice of Sales database to keep up-to-date on the fenestration, construction, and housing industries
• Synthesize, filter, and summarize market data from a variety of sources in a concise and compelling manner and how insights link to overall company strategy
• Read/comprehend secondary research reports, prepare top line summaries of the reports, and distribute reports to appropriate internal parties
• Produce competitive profiles of The Marvin Companies’ top competitors
• Conduct various detailed, competitive ad hoc analyses on requests
• Thoroughly understand, compile, report, and oversee sources of market data and assess the best resources to use
Education (25% time allocation)
• Share and timely communicate information in effective mediums, including organized webinars, article distribution, and department newsletters
• Design creative approaches to communicate key trends to the business
• Articulate external factors and market activity that may have an impact on construction forecasts
Data Organization (15% time allocation)
• Organize and manage a central library to house market research data
• Organize various webinars with third-parties for the business to learn and engage with each other about the industry
Internal Collaboration (10% time allocation)
• Coordinate and engage with other research team members and internal clients to assess the primary information needs among the business
• Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders to better understand their marketing and strategic objectives
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Thinking and Deciding:
o Natural curiosity; solution-oriented; reasoned thinking abilities
o Ability to quickly learn and understand technical product information; must be able to translate and effectively communicate technical information
o Conduct business with a high level of ethical standards, integrity, and business acumen
• Relating to People:
o Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey engaging, clear, and concise messages to target audiences in a variety of mediums
o Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills at multiple levels and with cross-functional teams
• Managing Work:
o Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Managing Self:
o Responsive, professional persona
o Aptitude to manage ambiguity and lead change; self-starter; ability to anticipate potential issues
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
• Experience with databases and database management (e.g., defining rules, querying, generating reports, maintaining user/role security)
• Experience with SharePoint or similar intranet/internet or document management software
• Minimum 3-5 years work experience in marketing or market research; additional consideration will be given to individuals who also have industry experience in construction, building materials, or related industries
• Basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research applications
• Demonstrated success in translating research data into actionable conclusions and recommendations
• Proven talent in creative writing and storytelling
• Strong track record of relationship management with external suppliers and business partners
• Bachelor’s degree in related field is required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
No recruiter inquiries.
NOTE: This employer will not consider any candidate who needs VISA sponsorship now or in the future.