This project will sort, inventory, catalog, and preserve museum property related to the establishment and management of Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.
• Perform physical sort of archival materials (260 linear feet)
• Work with refuge staff to identify local subject matter experts (refuge staff, volunteers, retirees, Corps staff) to determine document relevance.
• Establish a system with subject matter experts to review materials and identify:
• Materials that are Federal Records (will be set aside and processed outside this contract)
• Materials that are museum property (as defined by Service and Department policy).
• Duplicates of museum property (will be offered to the Corps)
• Non-federal records/non museum property (to be discarded).
• Catalog museum property (estimated at 220 linear feet) using the Interior Collections Management System (ICMS).
• Prepare museum property for long term storage. All supplies for preparation will be provided by the Service.
• Work with the Service to identify an appropriate long term storage facility for the collection (subject to Department and Service requirements).
• Submit project reports to the Project Officer every two progress reports and a final report.
Job Type: Full-time