Job Title: Library Technician
Job ID: 24262
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Class: Library Technician
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/05/2018
Closing Date: 07/02/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Southwest Minnesota State University
Appointment Type: Seasonal, Part-Time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Saturdays and Evenings
Days of Work: Undetermined
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $17.33- $24.08/hourly
Shift Differential: For employees working on assigned shifts which begin before 6:00 a.m. or which end at or after 7:00 p.m. shall be $0.65 per hour for all hours worked on that shift.
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 – Technical/AFSCME
Work Area: Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
Position serves as evening and Saturday building coordinator for the library. Position is responsible for customer service within the library. Position addresses building issues, assists with shelving/inventory, and provides work direction for student workers. This position will work during the academic year only and include approximately 24 Saturdays at 6.5 hours/day and 123 evenings at 4 hours/evening.
• Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
• Ability to operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
• Working knowledge of a library’s automated circulation system.
• Familiarity with libraries and high comfort level with technology. Strong commitment to customer service and communication skills. Ability to work with a diverse clientele.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Original posting / application information: Visit the MN Careers website and search for job ID 24262