Job Title: Library Technician (AA18151)
Job ID: 19371
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Class: Library Technician
Working Title: Late Night Technician
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/05/2018
Closing Date: 01/19/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Mankato State University
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Night Shift; 5:45PM – 2:15AM
Days of Work: Sunday – Thursday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.62 – $23.09/hourly; $34,702 – $48,211/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 – Technical/AFSCME
Work Area: Library Services
Location: Minnesota State University, Mankato
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
A member of the Library’s Public Access Team (PAT). The incumbent will be responsible for direct guidance in the public access and circulation activities during a work shift of 5:45 pm to 2:15 am Sunday through Thursday and day and evening hours during summer and interim periods. This position serves as the circulation services supervisor during all or part of the shift.
1. Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
2. Ability to apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracing for new print and non-print library acquisitions and located and replace existing materials.
3. Ability to operate personal computers, use various software and we-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, and complete forms and prepare reports.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct, and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
1. Ability to learn and comprehend Library and Circulation Services policies and procedures
2. Ability to assist in training and supervising the work of others, to work independently with established Library policies and procedures, to handle multiple tasks and to reorder priorities as a result of interruptions
3. Excellent human relations and communication skills. Ability to work with a diverse clientele and in a work group.
4. Knowledge of library policies and procedures sufficient to direct work of student staff.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Original posting / application information: Visit the State of Minnesota Careers website and search for job id #19371