Hennepin County Library is seeking a Library Services Training Coordinator to coordinate learning and development opportunities that will support staff in meeting community and patron needs. Using the framework and competencies outlined in the Library Services Training Plan as well as their knowledge of the principles and methods of professional library work, this position will consult with staff to identify training needs, and leverage existing expertise to design and offer training courses for all staff roles in the Library Services division.
The Library Services Training Coordinator will further develop and implement division wide standards for training curriculum, prepare training materials, and establish and maintain a training schedule. This position will deliver classroom training, individually, as part of a team, or with external consultants. This position reports to the Library Services Division Manager and serves as a member of the Library’s Management Team.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• Master’s degree or higher in library and information science from an ALA-accredited university and three or more years of professional library experience.
• Project management experience.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles.
• Strategies for engaging stakeholders in decision making.
• Commitment to providing leadership and showing support for Hennepin County’s Diversity and Inclusion policy and Respectful Workplace policy.
• Skill in building effective teams and working successfully as a team leader or member, and fostering collaboration across work units and divisions.
• Strong communication skills, including proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Willingness to be an informed risk taker and try new things.
• Ability to:
o Teach employees and perform public speaking.
o Develop instructional materials, provide a flexible learning environment, and evaluate effectiveness of training.
o Coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
o Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience.
The posting will close on 8/28 at 11:49 pm. The salary range is $50,910-$78,513. This job is located at Ridgedale Library 12601 Ridgedale Drive.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community
For more information and/or to apply click here .