Library Media Specialist (1.0 LTS)
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching/Media Specialist
Date Posted: 2/22/2018
Location: See Below
Date Available: As Soon As Possible
Closing Date: Until Filled
WORK DAY/YEAR: Full-time, 1.0 LTS Elementary Library Media Specialist; temporary position ending on June 7, 2018.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Position sites: This position travels to two schools.
(.7) FTE – Bishop Elementary School
(.3) FTE – Pinewood Elementary School
Teachers traveling between multiple sites must have reliable transportation. Mileage reimbursement available.
Independent School District #535 is seeking a full-time, 1.0 LTS, Elementary Library Media Specialist.
• CURRENT APPRORIATE MINNESOTA TEACHING LICENSE REQUIRED
• Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
• Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
• Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for the position include:
• Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
• Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
• Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
• Applies the principles of Efficacy, SDIS, and Language through the use of quality tools and processes.
• Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
• Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
• Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
• Has a proven track record of success.
• Works with great integrity.
• Acquires knowledge of the goals of the Rochester Public School District Improvement Plan and site/school goals.
• Works to support and achieve those goals.
• Establishes developmentally appropriate instructional and behavioral expectations for students and for him/herself and communicates those expectations to students and their families.
• Creates lesson plans and learning environments that are safe, respectful, and interesting as well as Multi-cultural/Gender/Ability fair.
• Selects, adapts and individualizes materials appropriate for diverse student populations and skills.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools is the second largest employer in Rochester, Minnesota with approximately 2,800 employees. Of those employees, approximately 1,400 are teachers and 650 are paraprofessionals. Rochester has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 17,800 students based on enrollment and spans 218 square miles throughout portions of Olmsted and Wabasha Counties. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent. Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 114,000+ and twice voted “The Best Place to Live in America” by Money magazine. Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Please visit this link to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.