Heilicher, accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), provides a positive environment focused on delivering a strong academic foundation in Jewish and General Studies. The school reflects and teaches respect for the diversity of Jewish life, challenging our students to exemplify the values of Judaism and demonstrate academic excellence.
Our vision is built on a strong synergy between students and faculty. Our educators inspire our students to find their passion and reach their highest potential, creating successful learners and leaders committed to the Jewish community, Israel, and the global community.
Heilicher is located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. The school has its own wing on a larger campus shared with the Sabes Jewish Community Center.
We are seeking a Library Manager to oversee the circulation, acquisition, preparation, organization and maintenance of our collection. This position will be part-time with semi-flexible hours. Person must have a warm demeanor, good sense of humor, a love of reading, and a passion for working with children. Candidates should also have strong organizational skills, be innovative, and possess the passion and energy required to support the library. We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
• Maintain library collection, including but not limited to: circulation desk procedures, re-shelve library materials, acquire and prepare new materials, withdraw, repair, or recondition damages library materials, annual inventory of collection.
• Maintain computer database used to locate library materials and ensure patron accuracy.
• Assist students with library technology.
• Advise students on reading choices.
• Assist students with finding resources for class assignments and help teachers locate materials for their classrooms.
• Help plan, oversee and advertise special library events, such as Scholastic Book Fair, author visits, etc.
• Collaborate with teachers on classroom curriculum.
• Create and maintain an inviting atmosphere including setting up book displays, creating bulletin board, etc.
• Organize and oversee volunteers.
• 2-3 years experience in an elementary or middle school library or media center including experience with library automation software, preferably Alexandria.
• Knowledge of current research tools.
• Extensive knowledge of children’s literature.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution; preference will be given to candidates that have Library Media Specialist Licensure.
• Knowledge of Jewish children’s literature.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Diane Greenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School
4330 Cedar Lake Road
Minneapolis, MN 55416