Salary: $64,355.20 – $96,553.59 Annually
Location: Victoria Library, MN
Job Type: Full-Time
Division: Public Services
Job Number: 01552
Department: Library Services-Chanhassen/Victoria
Closing: 5/28/2019 4:30 PM Central
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, this professional position requires an understanding of theories and principles related to public library work. This position assists the public in using Carver County Library materials and resources by providing professional reference and reader’s advisory services; program and project planning and implementation; cataloging, collection and website development and maintenance; and other related duties as assigned. May serve as librarian-in-charge in the absence of Branch Manager. This position acts as the Youth Services Librarian in the Victoria and Chanhassen branch locations.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides direct customer service to library customers of all ages.
• Plans, implements and monitors an on-going program such as: Cataloging, Collection development, service to age-based such as youth or adult and/or other groups; Internet or other electronic resources; and/or other program areas as assigned by supervisor. Represents library at community meetings and/or participates in community partnerships.
• Routinely serves as librarian-in-charge of a library branch in the absence of branch manager
• Routinely develops and maintains web pages and other virtual library components.
• Performs other duties of a comparable level or similar nature.
• Performs storytimes and plans programs for children.
• Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science or related field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library or Information Science or related field AND two years of library experience may be substituted for Master’s Degree
• Valid driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.