Rasmussen College is actively seeking a Librarian that will work as academic partner to support Rasmussen College students, graduates, faculty, staff and community members in helping them achieve their academic and professional goals.
The librarian collaborates with Rasmussen community members including directors, deans, faculty, students and other key stakeholders to determine library resource and service needs, as well as inform development of proactive and responsive information literacy tools. The Librarian is tasked with being a leader within the Rasmussen academic community to provide research, citation, and instructional support to faculty, students, and staff. To achieve these goals the Librarian employs a variety of library services, resources, and technologies to support the Rasmussen College community. The Librarian is the subject matter expert in the discipline of information literacy and shares this expertise within the team for the betterment of the Rasmussen community. Demonstrating a commitment to Rasmussen College’s mission, vision, and values in daily activities as well as supporting an environment of understanding, acceptance, and appreciation for diversity is the responsibility of each and every employee in our organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Advocate Library team resources and tools both directly and indirectly to students, faculty, and staff using a variety of communication channels.
• Deliver information literacy instruction in multiple modalities to individuals and groups of students, faculty, staff, and community members using objectives for information literacy instruction and established best practices for lesson plan construction, delivery and assessment.
• Identify, use, and direct users to the most appropriate service or platform for their needs (i.e. webinars, support center, case tracking, online courses, etc.)
• In collaboration with other Librarians and Learning Service Coordinators, create and advocate web and print-based instructional and programming resources.
• Provide coaching and instruction for students, faculty, and staff on academic integrity and plagiarism prevention techniques.
• Track and assess library services and library resources usage, analyze data to improve resources and services and inform innovation.
• Participate in College events, including, but not limited to, graduation, community service days, and diversity programs.
• Actively participate in library and committees and serve as library representative for College and external local, regional, and national committees.
• As needed, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees using established protocols.
• Support training and development needs of student employees across the College.
The Librarian, School of Health Sciences reports to the Associate Dean of Library.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as the College and student needs dictate, including evenings and weekends.
• Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Studies (MLS or MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Proven customer service experience in a professional environment.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, and coordination skills
• Self-motivated, flexible, patient, and solutions-oriented.
• Able to set own priorities, work effectively under pressure, and meet frequently occurring deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of common academic databases and the basic structure of library information systems.
• Familiarity with webinar/webcasting/web conferencing software as well as with common forms of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) and their use for student engagement in higher education.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 22 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.