Job ID 25517BR
Liaison Librarian in the following subject areas:Business, Management, Information Technology
Liaison / Outreach Role & Responsibilities:
• Serve as the Library’s expert on the needs of the faculty and students in the College of Management and Technology.
• Collect information and data both anecdotal and statistical to identify points in programs that would benefit from library instruction or intervention.
• Maintain knowledge of the evolving content of the curriculum, goals, and expected outcomes in programs served.
• Identify first courses, or early courses, where students need to develop information literacy skills and final or large scale research projects where students need advanced research skills.
• Identify, establish, and maintain contact with the key stakeholders in the College of Management and Technology, academic centers, and course development.
• Identify opportunities for library content to be updated, created, and integrated into courses and programs.
• Outreach to programs as well as an awareness and understanding of program structure and expectations.
• Develop an annual review schedule of programs to identify upgrades, outdated materials, and new opportunities to support students and faculty.
• Review course scope and sequence documents and identify problems and/or needs for instruction development.
• Provide literature review consultations, and support for doctoral students.
• Complete faculty and staff research support on request.
• Develop internal training related to assigned programs and subject areas for staff librarians.
Instruction Role & Responsibilities:
• All Liaison Librarians must be trained and involved in the production of instructional pieces including assignment guides, quick answers, library labs, tutorials, videos, etc.
• Develop and deliver instruction targeted to students enrolled in the College of Management and Technology.
• Liaisons will staff in-person and virtual Residencies and develop instructional and informational materials to improve Residency-based Library experience for students and faculty.
Reference Role & Responsibilities:
All Liaison Librarians will staff the reference desk.
• ALA accredited master’s degree.
• Two to five years of professional experience in a business academic, corporate, or other types of business environment setting is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of commercial and academic business and IT databases such as Business Source Complete, Emerald Management, IEEE, ACRM, and Science Direct, as well as relevant government and professional resources.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Reliable high-speed internet connection.
• Experience in an online academic library serving students at a distance.
• Experience supporting doctoral level information literacy outcomes.
• Previous experience (such as experience providing library instruction, collection development, reference/consultation services, development of training/instructional materials/Libguides, etc.) in an academic or special library environment.
• This is a virtual position.
• This is a salaried, 40 hour per week, associate librarian position with full benefits.
• Regular hours are Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
• Travel may be required up to four times per year.