From the MN Careers Site (Job ID 35254)
The purpose of the position is to provide consultation, training, and support for the implementation of best practices in course design and delivery, with a focus on quality online and blended modalities. This person will:
• Provide consultation and training in instructional design and delivery of technology-enhanced instruction.
• Advise and train faculty in the effective use of instructional technologies.
• Investigate instructional technologies that improve the teaching and learning environment and make recommendations for their purchase.
• Design and deliver professional development activities and materials for faculty.
• Collaborate with other team members to coordinate services and support for faculty and students.
• Collaborate with individuals and divisions to support technology-enhanced education, with a focus on online and blended modalities.
• Advise individuals and groups on issues related to providing an accessible, high quality educational experience, with a focus on the needs of distance learners.
• Assist with training and direction of student workers for Online Learning.
• Knowledge of instructional design principles.
• Experience in the design of online instruction.
• Experience in designing and delivering professional development activities.
• Knowledge of effective online teaching pedagogy, androgyny, and learning theories.
• Knowledge of accessibility standards in regard to instructional design and delivery of technology enhanced instruction, with a focus on online and blended modalities.
• Ability to conduct workshops for faculty and staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate ( orally and in writing) technical information in ways that can be understood by non-technical people.
• Ability to evaluate, manage, and use software applications for a variety of software and hardware platforms including the Windows and Macintosh platforms.
• Ability to analyze software malfunctions or user errors and to make recommendations for solutions.
• Well rounded in technology; knowledgeable in web design, multimedia development, applications for audio and video editing, etc.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and assess their utility in an instructional environment.
• Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of others along with instructing them in principles, methods, and procedures.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Lisa Karch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.477.2699.