Educational Studies: K-12 & Secondary Programs, Associate/Assistant Professor (AA19040)
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Minnesota State Mankato, MN
Job Type: Probationary
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 00949
Position: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Date of Appointment: August 20, 2018
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on February 23, 2018 and go until the position is filled.
The Department of Educational Studies: K-12 and Secondary Programs at Minnesota State University, Mankato invites applicants for a tenure track position. The successful candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses for initial teaching licensure, as well as advanced programs with a focus on School Library/Information Studies, content-based literacy, as well as curriculum and instruction. This position requires the faculty member to develop and deliver on-line, hybrid, and face-to-face instruction using a lens of racial equity and social justice. Successful candidates will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation. Engagement in scholarly research, leading to publications and conference presentations and full engagement in continued professional development is expected. The successful candidate will cultivate relationships with school districts in order to prepare teacher candidates to work with racially, linguistically, and diverse populations. This faculty position will advise graduate students (initial licensure and advanced programs) and supervise course-related field experiences. Applicants should be able to help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion. Participation in service to department, college, university, community, and K-12 university partnerships is expected.
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree in School Library, Literacy, Curriculum and Instruction, or closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered. (Dissertation must be defended by August 20, 2019 and the degree must be conferred on an official transcript and submitted to Human Resources by December 1, 2019.)
• ALA Accredited master’s degree or ability to acquire the degree by December 31, 2019
• One or more years of experience as a P-12 licensed school librarian/media specialist.
• Capacity to cultivate social justice, equity, and cultural competency skills and knowledge.
• Documented evidence of effectively using digital technology to enhance instruction for adult learners.
• Evidence of successful higher education teaching experience in undergraduate and/or graduate programs or successful support of adult learners.
• Evidence of specialized training in school library/information studies, content-based literacy, curriculum and instructional design, and/or differentiated instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to impact learners’ preparation and development of knowledge and skills in the areas of social justice, equity, and cultural competency.
• Evidence of potential to maintain an active scholarly agenda.
• Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative team environment.
• Evidence of experience forging constructive and complementary relationships between P-12 education, university level faculty/administration, community individuals, and groups.
• Experience providing on-line delivery of courses.
• Experience using data to make informed decisions, generate goals and reports.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The SLIS program at Minnesota State University, Mankato is “Nationally Recognized” by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation and the American Library Association/American Association of School Librarians and ranks 7th in the 2017 Top Online Colleges for Library Science Degrees.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
Cover Letter highlighting how the individual meets the qualifications for the position.
Contact information for three (3) references
Unofficial Transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Dr. Amy Scheuermann, Search Chair
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Armstrong Hall 313
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 389-6325
TTY: 1-800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.