Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Winona, MN
Job Type: Fixed-Term
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: IFO171837
• The Distance Services and Outreach Librarian position will coordinate and develop library’s online virtual services and services for WSU’s rapidly expanding 2 + 2 programs/online degree programs. The position coordinates outreach strategies using the library’s social media platforms and other media for publicizing library services.
• All librarians fully participate in liaison activities for assigned academic departments, such as collection development, advanced reference, and instruction. Librarians also participate in general reference/research assistance (including some nights and weekends) and in faculty governance of the library.
• Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
• Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance abilities.
• Contribute to student growth and development.
• Support Winona State University’s mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. Provide service to the university and community including the program, department, college, university and greater community.
• Coordination of the overall library experience of online students and faculty, including the library website, online resources·, reference and instruction, tutorials, videos, orientation activities and other services.
• Coordinates outreach strategies for the library including social media coordination, digital signage, print and online promotional materials/displays, and promotion of events.
• Library leadership and connection to the university’s Teaching, Learning, and Technology unit.
• Library leadership for university’s Digital Citizenship badging program.
• Will work closely with the Electronic Resources Librarian for usability and integration of services into the website.
• Works closely with faculty and librarians to promote library instruction, services, and resources to online learners.
• Engages in continuous learning about educational technologies and pedagogy relevant to online learning.
• Provides proactive, user-centered reference assistance in-person and via email, online chat, phone, or other means
• MLS/MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
• Experience with traditional and online services involving distance education including familiarity with web conferencing, content or course management systems, and production tools. Examples include: Adobe Connect; Springshare; D2L/Brightspace; and Camtasia
• Demonstrated commitment to quality service
• Second subject master’s degree or earned doctorate.
• Experience with library instruction and/or instructional design
• Academic library experience, specifically reference and collection development
• Experience with outreach strategies, including social media and digital communication
• Experience teaching credit-bearing courses
• Familiarity with current trends, standards, and digital technologies in libraries and the Web
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively in a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Knowledge of or experience in digital user experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins January 2, 2018
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: Summer 2018
RANK: Assistant Professor
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Fixed-Term; Nine-Month Appointment – Additional Duty days may be assigned
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
• All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States.
• If hired, official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources prior to first duty day.
• Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty organization (IFO) which can be found at http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/contract_plans/index.html
• In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minnesota State College and Universities vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
• Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota’s open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.