Compensation $15/hr Annually
Employment Type: Temporary
The Cloud Library Internship position will work with the internal Cloud Library support teams. In this position you will gain experience working directly with library systems and the solutions that they are implementing within their communities. This position will be performing various tasks to help improve the data within the Cloud Library system. You will work directly with the collection development team to help build and maximize the digital collections of our library customers. This internship position will also provide opportunities to learn about the technology that libraries are implementing around the world to increase their relevance and impact their communities.
This is an up to 20 hours per week Paid Internship position – Bibliotheca would like a 12 month commitment from the intern so that they receive the most from the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Assist collection development team in helping libraries build their digital collections to better serve the popular and recreational needs of the general public and to ensure that customer demand and the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the community is reflected.
- Database improvement and customer trend identification.
- Assist in the process of transferring content for Cloud Library customers.
- Support the content ingestion team with continual metadata improvement.
- Communications with collection development librarians in our customer base.
- Knowledge of cataloging principles
- Knowledge of the lifecycle management of digital materials
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistical tools
- Pursuing a degree in Library Science preferably from an ALA-accredited university; MLIS degree desirable. Will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with Excel and Data Manipulation
- Comfortable using and explaining software
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Experience working in a library setting, preferably a public library
- Metadata or Cataloging experience
- Experience in collection development for physical and/or digital content collections
About Bibliotheca, LLC:
bibliotheca is dedicated to the development of solutions that help sustain and grow libraries around the world. Our products are designed to provide a welcoming, intuitive and seamless environment for those that use the library wherever they choose to use it – be that at home, on the move or within the library itself. We have direct operational offices in all major continents, together with dedicated distributors who offer our solutions across a further 70 countries. We are proud to have over 30,000 unique libraries as part of our family, with a deployed equipment range in excess of 10,000 individual self-service units, 6,000 security systems and over 650 automated materials handling (sorter) systems. In addition, our digital platform features content from over 1,000 publishers and is available through almost 3,000 libraries.
bibliotheca is financially backed by OEP Capital Advisors, L.P., an independent private equity firm that has managed approximately $11 billion of invested capital over its 15-year history. The firm is principally based in New York, Chicago and Frankfurt.
Email cover letter and resume to Jordan Hanlon – firstname.lastname@example.org