Grow and maintain the TeachingBooks.net collection of educational, online resources about children’s and young adult books.
Experience with data entry and databases. Knowledge of children’s and young adult literature.
Instructional Resources Database Manager
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Classify online resources based on the Collection Development Policy and the Classification Manual.
• Identify and enter new resources into the database.
• Create and classify records for book titles, authors, and illustrators.
• Consistently and accurately apply TeachingBooks.net standards for data entry and classification.
• Use computers proficiently, including for research purposes.
• Utilize spreadsheets as well as shared, online documents.
• Communicate clearly via email and other online applications.
• Utilize knowledge of children’s and young adult literature, and their authors and illustrators.
• Understand the interconnectedness of data in a database.
• Apply efficiency and organization in order to thrive independently.
• Coursework in library/information science; children’s or young adult literature; or cataloging.
• Experience with classification procedures.
• Excited about the TeachingBooks.net mission.
Terms of Employment:
Position is part-time (10-15 hours/week).
The position has the option to work remotely or at the TeachingBooks.net office in Madison, Wisconsin.
TeachingBooks.net LLC is a small company that strives to equitably give all readers insights and opportunities to deepen their understanding and joy of the books that they are reading. The TeachingBooks.net online collection includes tens of thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books used in the K–12 curriculum, teacher education institutions, and public libraries. Every resource in the collection is selected to encourage the integration of multimedia author and book materials into reading and library activities. About 44,000 schools currently subscribe.
Email a cover letter and resume that highlights experiences relevant to the tasks and responsibilities outlined in this position description to:
Amy Scott, Instructional Resources Database Manager
4510 Regent Street, Suite 2A
Madison, WI 53705