Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007, United States
January 5, 2022
Elk Grove Village Public Library
Library or Company Type:
$27.18 (Hourly Wage)
- Utilizes the OCLC database for original and adaptive cataloging of new materials to create enhanced MARC cataloging records according to national standards and local policies
- Classifies library materials using the current Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC23), Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and the Alpha-Numeric System for Classification of Recordings (ANSCR)
- Utilizes metadata skills to aid in maintenance of existing catalog records and authorities.
- Master’s degree in Library Science
- Understands Resource Description and Access (RDA) for descriptive cataloging.
- Ability to adapt to evolving technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Service-oriented attitude with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and the public, in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the library.
- Metadata and linked data knowledge
- One year of experience in public libraries
- Knowledge of Integrated Library Systems
- Experience with MARC format and AACR2/RDA cataloging formats
- Working knowledge of at least one non-English language
Please submit an application (https://www.egvpl.org/employment), resume, cover letter, and at least three references.