Cataloger – Digital Asset Management, Jostens in Eagan, Minnesota
This role is responsible for cataloging and maintaining digital assets and metadata in Jostens Enterprise and Legacy Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems. Incumbents catalog 2D art and 3D art/CAD digital assets with an established metadata methodology. You will need a unique combination of information stewardship and technology skills, creative skills, and a balanced knowledge and experience across creative processes and workflows.
Catalog digital assets and their metadata into Jostens DAM systems for access by Jostens business systems and users across enterprise business functions from art/design to tooling, manufacturing, customer service, marketing and sales.
• Tag content-descriptive keywords and other metadata onto cataloged digital assets using established methodology
• Ensure accuracy, quality and consistency of cataloged digital assets and their associated metadata in Jostens DAM systems
• Maintain DAM database, track progress and workload, and report progress to supervisor
• Provide escalated first-level support to DAM users
• Assist other DAM team resources with ongoing and overflow technical tasks
• Maintain, support and ensure ongoing governance integrity, accuracy, quality and consistency of digital assets and their metadata in Jostens DAM systems to ensure that Jostens business systems and users can find and access the digital assets they need with accuracy.
• Create images for consumer online product configuration
• Create and/or fine tune ring component images for internal online custom jewelry tooling catalog
• Metadata taxonomy management, modelling, organization, and governance skills
• Basic project and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced setting
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and systematically
• Detail oriented – proven eye for detail
• Ability to run basic programs, scan, compile data, manage files
• Good drawing ability: Able to redraw/paint or clean-up existing art, and supply missing detail
• Strong written communication skills
• Analytical skills and a systematic work approach
• Strong ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize work
• Library and Information Science education/background
• Experience with CorelDraw (or similar drawing software), Corel Photo-Paint (or similar paint software), Microsoft Excel, HTML, SQL, basic programming
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.