JOB TITLE: Archives Supervisor Paisley Park
REPORTS TO: Director of Archives
This is a full-time position located in the Archives Department having variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. This is a promotional opportunity. Benefits may be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. This is an internal/external recruitment.
• Actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.
• Maintain and Update the archival database system.
• Monitor the trafficking of archive inventory.
• Assist the appropriate staff in having access to the archives collection as required.
• Travel/act as a courier of artifacts to locations where artifacts are to be displayed including the setting up and taking down of exhibits in these locations.
• Execute, maintain, and provide accurate conditioning reports for all items being moved from storage for exhibition.
• Ensure that the collections manual, preservation plans and archives emergency plan are observed.
• Locate, retrieve, and prepare artifacts for display/loans.
• Ensure the integrity of the collection in maintained at all times.
• Oversea all cleaning of exhibit spaces.
• Work with outside vendors to schedule monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
• Assist with Archives long term planning, conservation goals and preservation needs.
• Photograph and or scan artifacts when needed.
• Assist with exhibition installs.
• Maintain displayed artifacts in proper environment, eliminate risk to artifacts.
• Assist Director of Archives with coordinating activities involving the maintenance, preservation and mansion upkeep.
• Ensure the integrity of the exhibitions are maintained at all times.
• Assist other departments with general research/fact checking, research use of the collection
• Assist with the training staff in methods and procedures for the database system, in collection preparation and care, and in exhibit development and installation.
• Assist with the supervision the daily activities of the archives staff.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations of archives staff.
• Perform the job of courier when needed
• Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Some knowledge of Prince is helpful; prior knowledge/experience with artifact handling, storage, and conservation is helpful; knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling; background in historical studies and research is helpful; previous supervisory or management experience is preferred; ability to deal with repetitious intense work and procedures; must have an excellent attention span; detailed oriented; skill and knowledge to use a Macintosh computer; knowledge of Quark Express and Adobe Photoshop is helpful; must have good accurate typing skills; ability to cope with extremely heavy workload; excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in person and on the telephone are essential; ability to perceive and deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality; must be able to drive a vehicle; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and competing needs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to see to do detail work; must be able to sit for long periods of time; speak well enough to communicate in a clear distinct voice.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Work in a confidential work area; must have excellent typing skills; own vehicle in order to run job related errands if necessary.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, to include holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; must adhere to a pescatarian environment; no smoking in the work area.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for employment, please download our employment application at www.officialpaisleypark.com and fill out completely. After you have completed the application, email application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 901-344-3232.