Positions are currently available at Hennepin County Library — Sumner, Ramsey County Library — Shoreview, Saint Paul Public Library — Rondo, and Saint Paul Public Library — Sun Ray.
From the St. Paul Neighborhood Network:
Upcoming Term of Service: starts Sept 3, 2019 and completes Aug 31, 2020. All positions are full-time. Members serve an average of 35 hours a week, mostly Monday through Friday although some positions may require weekend or evening hours. See site listings for specific requirements. .
Benefits: All members receive:
- A Segal education award of up to $6,095 (upon successful completion).
- A living allowance of approximately $1000 a month.
- Payment of federal student loan interest if you put your payments on hold during your year in CTEP (upon successful completion).
- A head start on the Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program—if you choose to enroll—which has a potential to save you thousands/tens of thousands of dollars on student loans.
- A personal and professional network through our intensive professional development program which meets twice a month with local change makers and non-profit professionals.
- Health and dental insurance options
- Child care assistance (depending on qualifications).
- A partnership with our local YMCA network which offers free enrollment, discounted membership, and other benefits.
- Additionally, as a CTEP member you may qualify for state assistance programs such as food assistance of up to $200/month; Transit Assistance Program ($1 bus fares); and Energy Assistance programs which can save you up to $300 over winter months.
Position: CTEP members teach technology literacy skills to adults or youth as they relate to obtaining employment and improving civic and social opportunities. Members serve in community technology centers which are located within nonprofit organizations, public housing facilities, and libraries. They teach specific software skills, such as how to use the internet, word processing, email, and teach workforce readiness classes geared towards English language learners using interactive software.
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov and click on “Apply to Serve” (be sure to search for the “Community Technology Empowerment Project” or “CTEP” when asked to indicate what program you would like to send your application to). Contact: Joel Krogstad, email@example.com, 651.556.1384
We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request. Alternative formats of this document are also available.