Salary: $22.92 – $33.62 Hourly $47,856.96 – $70,198.55 Annually
Location: St. Paul, MN
Job Type: Unclassified Limited
Department: Academic and Student Affairs
Job Number: 20180910
This position will last up to two (2) years.
The Open Education and Innovation Program Coordinator oversees system-wide open educational resource (OER) and innovation programs across Minnesota State’s thirty-seven (37) colleges and universities.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Manage open educational resource and innovation programs, providing work direction to the Project Manager for Educational Innovation and Administrative Support as necessary to accomplish goals.
Consult with institution administrators, faculty, and staff to develop and implement operating procedures and processes supporting open textbooks, open educational resources, and open licensing.
Develop a vibrant community of faculty and staff dedicated to innovation and the adoption of open educational resources throughout Minnesota State.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
• Master’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of copyright, licensing, and Creative Commons licenses
• Knowledge of emerging trends in curation, remixing, and reusing open content
• Experience in community building
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Ability to use and adapt a range of technologies, software, and publishing tools
• Experience as an instructor or instructional librarian
• Education or experience in open licensing or in the open education movement
• Five or more years of experience in instructional design, training and development, project management, or textbook evaluation