Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bloomington, MN
Job Type: Unlimited Full Time
Job Number: 00797597
Closing date and time: 12/18/2017 at 11:59 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
Normandale Community College, located in Bloomington, Minnesota, primarily serves the south/southwest region of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. The Twin Cities, with a population of over 3 million, is a sophisticated metropolitan area with a growing economy, recreation, arts, and ethnic and linguistic diversity. Normandale serves more than 15,000 students with varying backgrounds and educational goals, and offers over 50 Associate degree programs. Normandale strives to advance individual’s intellectual, career, and personal development by providing outstanding teaching and support. Normandale Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Since 2007, Normandale has maintained its accreditation through the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), a process based on continuous quality improvement.
We are a State of Minnesota employer and are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. Normandale Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, a yellow ribbon organization, with a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion
Examples of Duties
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position provides library services such as library instruction, user and information literacy instruction, and one-on-one education to our library patrons. This position collaborates with college faculty in other disciplines to design, plan, and deliver course integrated instruction to our diverse student population. This position provides research assistance to library patrons. This position collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop and execute library work plans. This position also serves the college through participation in college committees, councils, and work groups. Library faculty may be offered additional days in the summer to provide course integrated instruction and library services during the college’s summer sessions. As such, the individual selected for this position may have a year-round work schedule in keeping with the alternate calendar provision of the MSCF contract.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide high quality reference services (one-on-one education) to a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and community patrons
• Provide high quality research assistance to our students, faculty, staff, and community users
• Collaborate with faculty to develop course integrated library instruction, and create associated lesson plans and research guides
• Deliver high quality course integrated instruction in all delivery modes
• Engage in collection development of library materials, including selection and deselection
• Engage in on-going professional development to keep current in library science and in the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and the dean of academic services and the library to develop and execute work plans in support of identified college and library priorities
• Collaborate with staff, administrators, and faculty across the college to innovate and problem solve
• Serve on college committees, councils, or work groups
• Represent the college on MnPALS and Minnesota State system committees and initiatives
• Master’s degree in library science or equivalent degree
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Demonstrated knowledge of current practices in library science
• Demonstrated knowledge of current methodologies and pedagogy in library instruction, user education, and reference (one-on-one education)
• Teaching experience
• Demonstrated aptitude with library resources in a variety of formats
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong work ethic and service orientation
• Experience working in a strong collaborative, service-oriented environment
• Strong problem solving skills
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the Minimum Qualifications. We encourage applicants to address their experience working with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds as part of their cover letter.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online via this website http://agency.governmentjobs.com/normandale/default.cfm In addition to completing the online application, you must upload (attach) a letter of interest and a current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV), along with the names and contact information for at least five (5) professional references who can address your qualifications for this position (we do NOT accept letters of recommendation). Application deadline is 11:59 pm CST Monday, December 18, 2017.
Note: Official academic transcripts may be requested from those invited for an interview.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment.
Please contact NeoGov directly about any difficulties you may encounter while working in the NeoGov site. You may call the Tech Support line at (310) 469-0515 or Toll-Free Number (877) 204-4442, between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday. Upon connection, press 2, then 1, to get support for job applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at 952.358.8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.