The Algoma Public Library is seeking an innovative, self-motivated, technology-savvy librarian to work with the Young Adults in our community and support the library. The ideal candidate enjoys working with teens; readily adapts to constant change; is comfortable both with current technologies and learning new ones; projects a helpful, welcoming personality, and is well organized. Candidates must be able to obtain a Grade II Librarian Certificate; coursework or experience in youth services is a plus. This position is 35 hours a week with an additional 85 hours on Saturdays throughout the year.
The Algoma Public Library is a member of the Nicolet Federated Library System and the OWLSnet consortium, located on the shore of Lake Michigan, serves a municipal community of 3,167, and provides library services to non-municipal residents of Kewaunee County.
The Young Adult Librarian is under the direct supervision of the Library Director and is responsible for the planning and execution of programming for the Young Adults in the community.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree and have or be able to obtain a Grade II Library Certification upon completion of the coursework within the certification guidelines.
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Comfort with and ability to use technology
• Effective customer services skills needed
• Some youth services or related work is a plus
This hourly position includes benefits.
Application form can be found on the Algoma Public Library’s webpage: www.algomapubliclibrary.org
Please send/email a resume, cover letter, 3 current, non-family references, and completed application form by 5:00pm on December 16, 2018 to:
Algoma Public Library
406 Fremont Street
Algoma, WI 54201