Roseville Area Schools has a vacancy for a full-time Technology Integration Specialist This is a 1.0 FTE position at Roseville Area Middle School.
• Current MN teaching license and three or more years of teaching experience
• Strong equity focus and culturally responsive equity mindset
• Strong background in instructional technology, technology coaching, curriculum design, and professional development facilitation.
• Secondary experience and MN media specialist license or technology integration certificate preferred
• Experience in a 1:1 digital program required
Technology Integration Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote and support the use of educational technology to increase student achievement in 9-12 classrooms.
• Demonstrate knowledge of emerging technologies and their application in classrooms.
• Collaborate with teachers to develop and implement technology-enhanced, content-based lessons.
• Model, co-teach, mentor, and coach teachers in the use of effective instructional technology.
• Support teachers in technology integration including point-of-need assistance, small group trainings, large group professional development sessions, and online support.
• Design and facilitate high quality professional development for teachers/staff related to instructional technology and develop related training materials.
• Develop and maintain communication with teachers, students, and community regarding technology initiatives, policies, and procedures relevant to instructional technology integration.
• Serve as liaison between district technology staff and building staff to guide district initiatives through school-based implementation.
• Evaluate, select, and implement new technology materials or applications.
• Gather and disseminate information relevant to instructional technology.
• Collaborate with other technical staff to support, manage, and optimize the use of instructional technology for quality teaching and learning.
Media Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and manage the media center as a space conducive to student learning and achievement.
• Promote the media/technology program, services, and materials by maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with students, staff, and community members.
• Assist in identifying and acquiring resources to support academic content and enhance student learning.
• Model and teach responsible and ethical access to and use of information and technology.
• Monitor and allocate media center funds by prioritizing and balancing requests and needs with available funds to support the school community.
• Refine collection development by selecting resources and technology that support the school curriculum and goals as well as eliminating resources and technology that no longer support the needs and goals of the school community.
• Encourage school-wide reading and assist in location of literature that matches interests and abilities of the school community.
• Support information literacy standards (MEMO, ISTE, AASL).
• Supervise and train clerical support staff in the media center.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prioritize time and demonstrate organization to balance the various demands of a complex program and large staff.
• Demonstrate leadership and initiative through participation in related district committees.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary determined based on experience. plus a district contribution toward health and dental insurance.
Roseville Area Schools continuously accepts applications for employment and you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. This Notice of Vacancy will be posted until Tuesday August 22, 2017.
Roseville Area Schools is committed to ensuring an equitable and respectful educational experience for every student, family, and staff member, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, home or first language, religion, national origin, age, or physical appearance. Roseville Area Schools seeks individuals who embody this commitment.
Roseville Area Schools uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online