- Job ID: 55479690
REMOTE/VIRTUAL, United States
- Position Title: TECHNICAL SERVICES/SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION LIBRARIAN
- Company Name: Accufile, Inc.
- Job Category: Operations
- Job Type: Temporary
- Job Duration: 1-2 Years
- Min Education: Master’s Degree
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: None
The virtual Technical Services/Systems Implementation Librarian is a full-time interim (12-18 months) position, with the primary responsibility for transitioning the Research & Information Operations for success in the virtual workplace. This person will assist the Operations Team in implementing new roles and proficiencies around awareness, adoption, and automation. The Systems Implementation Librarian Manager will be responsible for establishing new processes and technological efficiencies, including implementing new software solutions.
- Works with the R&I Operations Team to create and execute product awareness and adoption strategy within the firm;
- Guides the R&I Operations Team to identify and implement potential efficiencies and process improvements for technical services functions like acquisitions and electronic access via authentication, password management, etc.;
- Supports the R&I Operations Team in the transition of duties and the adoption of new responsibilities;
- Implements new library software solutions and maximizes functionality of existing tools;
- Creates documentation and provides instruction in the use of new technologies;
- Establishes new benchmarking methods and metrics;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited school, or equivalent work experience required;
- At least five years of progressive law library technical services experience required;
- Possess a high degree of knowledge relating to law library systems, such as EOS, OneLog and Research Monitor, as well as proficiency with all major legal research platforms and databases;
- Proven project management experience in Library Systems Implementation required;
- Familiarity with MS Office, Power BI, SharePoint, and a high level of comfort with information technology required;
- Should possess effective communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability in interact with all levels of law firm personnel required;
- High level of initiative and independent thinking required; ability to work effectively; under pressure and to sort priorities with minimum level of direct supervision;
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Karen Gatteny at firstname.lastname@example.org.