This position will focus on providing information services to 3M scientists, product development researchers, and their technical management. The candidate will work with requestors to find the best solution for their information need. Solutions may include provision of training on in-house or purchased resources, identifying appropriate outsource options, performing searches and creating search reports, or working with project teams to analyze large data sets of patent and other external information.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to interact with scientists and managers, understand their technical or business needs.
- Knowledge of databases and vendor solutions providing patent, technical and competitor information.
- Ability to effectively search and present results in a variety of formats to fit internal client needs.
- Experience and/or a passion to use vendor software to extract meaning and see trends in medium to large text-based datasets.
- Familiarity with knowledge analytics and data mining.
- Enthusiasm for learning, conducting information research, and constructing visualizations of technical information content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in final year of Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum of one (1) year experience (academic and/or industry) in R&D and/or research in data science
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Information Science or Data Science from an accredited university
- Data analytics experience : Using software to extract meaning and discover patterns in metadata as well as structured and unstructured text
- Experience in precision searching using Boolean logic in technical databases
- Experience implementing SharePoint sites and applications
- Demonstrated experience in understanding scientific concepts and engineering processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to sustain strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized