The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
A Day in the Life
This position will develop and manage the creation of “knowledge” used by both internal and external stakeholders as part of the CRHF Technical and Patient Services Organization. This role involves managing the process for knowledge article approval, providing training to consultants on knowledge creation, and the platform application where it resides (e.g. ServiceNow).
Other responsibilities of the job:
• Develop and execute the process related to external article creation and deployment
• Develop necessary training, process work flows, etc. for internal Knowledge Base users
• Serve in leadership role relative to external Knowledge Base creation and on-going support
• Work with both internal and external application support team to ensure timely resolution of application issues
• Ensure that a comprehensive set of knowledge articles are published in ServiceNow (or other application) to support the variety of troubleshooting calls received by the call centers.
• Ensure that a comprehensive set of customer-facing knowledge articles are published in the ServiceNow (or other application) Self-Service Knowledge Base.
• Help develop and train consultants on the use of the ServiceNow (or other application) Knowledge Base application
• Ensure that knowledge articles follow published formatting guidelines.
• Leverage published templates as required.
• Leverage content owner dashboard to move articles through workflow lifecycle.
• Complete content owner reviews of articles within expected review timeframe.
• Respond to Article feedback provided by users.
• Manage article retirement process.
• Recommend and execute updates and enhancements to ServiceNow (or other application) Knowledge Management process.
• Review and edit articles to ensure that departmental article creation processes are adhered to. Work with authors to clarify content as needed.
• Publish knowledge into the ServiceNow (or other application) production environment.
• Perform routine maintenance and administration of articles, including but not limited to; adding/formatting new content, updating content, monitoring article feedback, and retirement of knowledge articles.
• Educate users on the features and customization options available in ServiceNow (or other application).
• Effectively collect product feature requests from users and retain for future enhancements.
• Assist in the ongoing maintenance of ServiceNow (or other application), including coordinating business requirements for requested enhancements, testing enhancements, and coordinating user access to the tool.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with ServiceNow (or other application) support groups.
• Define, gather, track and report on knowledge management metrics for management reporting
• Provide ServiceNow (or other application) support by troubleshooting issues and communicating best practices.
• Analyze metrics to understand top call drivers that could be mitigated through self-service channels on the external support hub.
• Coordinate the creation, submission, and approval of externally facing articles.
• Train users on existing and new ServiceNow (or other application) procedures or features.
• Understand and implement KCS® practices as necessary.
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
2-3 years experience in a technology related field
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or other technology related field
Nice to Have
Specific knowledge of computers and/or computer systems
• General Business knowledge
• Post graduate credits
• Experience with knowledge bases, or other information technology applications
• 1 – 3 years experience in computer or IT related field
• 1 – 3 years experience with Knowledge Base or similar application
• Experience troubleshooting computer applications
• Experience managing projects or processes
• Strong relationship building, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated strong product/industry knowledge
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Demonstrated strong time management and organization skills
• Demonstrated strong computer application skills
• Demonstrated decision making skills
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated training skills
• ECG/EGM recognition and troubleshooting
• Ability to function with minimal direction
• Experience with Medtronic CRHF diagnostic or connected care products
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.