Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: St. Cloud MN 56301, MN
Job Type: Probationary
College/Unit: University Library
Job Number: 19-00045
Closing: 1/27/2019 11:59 PM Central
SCSU invites applications for a Systems Librarian. This is a probationary tenure-track position with the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Reporting to the Dean of University Library, the successful candidate will:
• Lead and support all phases of systems-related projects including implementation, administration, configuration, and documentation within the various aspects and functions of the integrated library system.
• Serves as a key member of the University Library’s team to collaborate and work closely with campus Information Technology Services to ensure systems integrate seamlessly to support effective storage, retrieval, and access to library resources and the institutional repository.
• Work with ILS and other library system and resource vendors in troubleshooting, developing new system capabilities, and advocating for improvements to ensure best practices and resource alignment.
• Engages as part of the University Library team on resource management, open source initiatives and library integrative technologies.
• Leads the robust development, maintenance, and usability testing of the University Library’s web presence
• Coordinate these multiple library-related systems and technology projects engaging in this work as part of a consortia environment (MNState, MNPals, Minitex, and others)
• Communicate and translate systems and technology concepts, issues, and opportunities within and among diverse academic communities, assuring a consistent and constantly improving library user experience.
• Shape library’s technological future by exploring and advocating for user-centered library systems and applications that advance the mission of University Library and St Cloud State University.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: www.ifo.org
• ALA-accredited master’s degree in library information science or international equivalent degree at the time of application.
• One year minimum experience with library systems, including integrated library systems, institutional repository platforms, or other library-specific systems or software.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, implement, and assess projects.
• Experience with troubleshooting library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems.
• Ability to communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
• Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• 3-5 years of experience in system management experience with integrated library systems (Ex Libris Alma/Primo or with an equivalent system)
• Experience with web design, maintenance, usability testing or user experience
• Experience with content management systems, such as LibGuides, WordPress, and/or Drupal, and institutional repository platforms or software.
• Experience communicating and articulating analytical data, reporting, and assessment.
• Demonstrated ability to design and teach classes, workshops, or training as well as.
• Professional experience working in an academic library.
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor’s degrees were first offered in 1925. Master’s degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu
Application Review begins January 27, 2019; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm