Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Significant contributor to the information governance program which oversees the policies, standards and processes for the management of company information. Oversees the information governance requirements for security project risk assessments and business area projects ensure alignment with policies and procedures. Leads the Information Release Process including the strategy, process improvements, and application enhancements.
• Responsible for providing oversight and guidance for the information governance requirements pertaining to all security project risk assessments. Partners with enterprise risk management to sustain, enhance, and expand risk assessments.
• Serves as a representative for all IT and business area projects. Responsible for providing requirements and ensuring projects align to information governance policies and standards. Partners with business systems project management teams and enterprise security services to implement technology solutions.
• Oversees the information release process and strategy. Works with business areas to understand new requirements and develops recommendations for system enhancements. Partners with the application team to implement system enhancements including required documentation and system testing. Responsible for the management of process documentation, training materials, reporting. Provides business area training.
• Provides support and develops materials for internal and external audits, external assessments and regulatory reporting for the management of company information.
• Participates in the development and review of information governance policies, standards, presentations, communications and trainings.
Increases job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, professional organizations and personal networks.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Five years of experience working in security, compliance, information governance or records management fields.
• Three years of relevant experience in experience in records management, compliance, or information governance.
• Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against those goals.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders across business units.
• Ability to make sound decisions based on information known.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience using the Archer tool.
• Records management, information governance related or security related certifications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Requisition Number: 17723
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com