#1681 Social Media Program Manager
JOB TITLE: Social Media Program Manager
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $4,796.00 monthly minimum, commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Marketing & Communications
CLASSIFICATION: 14L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Digital Access & Creative Services
POSTING DATE: September 16, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to administer and coordinate our network of social media accounts to drive awareness of, and attendance to, our sites, museums, and programs and services through vibrant, engaging social media strategies and web and media content that work in conjunction with multiple marketing channels. This position is responsible for creating original content, managing posts and engaging with and responding to followers. This position manages our organizational image on our social media channels in a cohesive way to create powerful engagement with history to cultivate curiosity and foster a more inclusive, empathetic, and informed society.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Implement and manage social media strategies across our statewide network of sites to promote MNHS programs and events, educational offerings, fundraising, and institutional messaging; 2) Create a variety of media, including copy, videos, photos, graphics, email, and web pages; and 3) Support overall department objectives and services as well as provide overall supervision and management to assigned staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Proven work experience as a social media manager
- Four year’s communications and /or media related experience
- Four year’s experience writing and editing organizational communication (i.e. Social media, web content, print content, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express our organization’s messages creatively.
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of reach, engagement metrics, SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of MNHS. Demonstrated story selection skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral, written and interviewing skills
- Demonstrated skills in Social Media Management and tools like Sprout Social, HootSuite, or similar.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PPT)
- Proficient in Canva and/or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Use of analysis and inquisitive mindset using data to optimize marketing communications strategies and tactics
- Flexible and helpful in solving problems as part of a team
- Able to approach others with a different background in a tactful, respectful manner while exhibiting cultural sensitivity
- Exhibit a positive attitude and the ability to work independently on projects, yet supportive of team dynamics and needs when necessary
- Apply innovative thinking and creativity to projects and meet challenges with resourcefulness
- PC competent with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), and familiar with project management software (e.g Trello, Teamwork, Smartsheets, Basecamp, etc.).
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Experience and familiarity with marketing automation software is a plus (HubSpot, Marketing Cloud, Marketo, etc.)
Experience with some, or all, of these: Google Analytics, search engine optimization, email marketing, video production, website content management systems.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.