Posting found on MN Careers.
Job Title: Service Center Coordinator
Job ID: 38612
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Metropolitan State University, Minnesota’s public, urban university, and recipient of the 2019 Insight Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is seeking to hire a Service Center Coordinator. This is a full-time position within Information Technology Services.
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 2
Working Title: Service Center Coordinator
- Minimum of 1 year working in an IT Service Center environment.
- Experience configuring and using a service management and ticketing software application(s).
- Experience coordinating daily operating procedures, methods, processes and standards for all Service Center daily operations.
- Experience providing daily operational work direction to a team.
- Minimum of 6 months experience applying IT Service Management (ITIL) best practices, specifically incident management and service request fulfillment.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in the English language by telephone, email, chat and in person with customers and colleagues in order to communicate technical concepts and/or processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT or related field.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations certification.
- Experience gathering and analyzing operational metrics and providing quality assurance.
- At least 1 year of IT experience in higher education.
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
*To comply with privacy and data practices requirements, please refrain from including personal information or photographs in your application materials.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Michele Chilinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/793-1811.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.