As a member of the Knowledge Center team, the Senior Technical Information Specialist has responsibility to provide high value information-based research services and consultation in support of critical medical, technical and regulatory activities through the Medtronic global enterprise. This position also works closely with functional leaders and partners to deliver decision-ready information that supports strategic initiatives. REMOTE WORKERS OUTSIDE OF MINNESOTA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
• Consult with Knowledge Center clients to provide medical, technical, and regulatory literature research utilizing an extensive collection of online databases and electronic resources.
• Where applicable, provide analysis and synthesis of information, and prepare reports in partnership with strategic or business critical initiatives.
• Participate in special projects or initiatives on an ad hoc or ongoing basis, which may include training, content evaluation, ebook selection, online social collaboration, or logistical support to enhance Knowledge Center department initiatives.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years as a professional information literature researcher, where literature searching was primary role, with at least 2 years conducting online literature searches in medical, pharmaceutical, scientific, or technical industries.
• Extensive researching in complex literature databases such as Proquest Dialog, Ovid, Embase.com or STN
• Excellent Internet search skills using advanced search functionality
• Ability to scan literature to select salient information quickly and efficiently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and with great attention to detail
• Extensive experience with MS Office tools, including Excel spreadsheets, Word, and PowerPoint.
Nice to Have:
• Master’s degree in Library Science
• Demonstrated experience working in medical or pharmaceutical industries
• Experience with post processing software such as EndNote, Quosa, or Reference Manager
• Experience with ScienceDirect, IEEE and Engineering Village
• Experience with OneNote
• Knowledge of medical product development
• High degree of computer literacy including demonstrated competency with SharePoint, social networking, graphics, and information systems.
• Demonstrated ability in information synthesis, report generation and writing
• Able to work independently with limited oversight
• Highly developed written, verbal, and online social communication skills.
• Versatility and adaptability while working in fast-paced, challenging environment to produce high-quality work quickly and efficiently.
• Coaching functional teams in the use of best practices of literature usage
• Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management.
• Work in a dynamic team environment
• Work on cross-functional teams
• Work globally across multiple cultures
• Leadership skills
• Project management skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees