Title: Senior Electronic Resources Coordinator – CARLI
Job Category: Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois
The University of Illinois seeks a Senior Electronic Resources Coordinator to support the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI), provide statewide digital/electronic information, database products and services to more than 730,000 students, faculty and staff in over 150 higher education institutions located throughout Illinois. In support of CARLI’s mission, the Senior Electronic Resources Coordinator provides technical services, coordination and assistance to participating institutions. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Full responsibility for establishing and maintaining participant access services for all vendor-based/hosted products under license to CARLI.
2. Working cooperatively with appropriate CARLI staff, develops and maintains the CARLI Database Brokering Selection System and in making database offers available to members through the selection system. Serves as primary contact with consultants on major projects related to the Database Brokering Selection System and the electronic resources program.
3. Working cooperatively with appropriate CARLI staff, is responsible for developing and maintaining CARLI participants information, including institutional contacts, IP addresses, web-based links, technical data associated required for access to vendor services and resources.
4. Manages all requests for vendor technical service needs and queries.
5. Acts as primary contact to resolve access and service problems, including contacting vendors and coordinating with participants, as needed.
6. Administers and coordinates development and maintenance of the CARLI web site related to electronic resources, in consultation with the CARLI Webmaster and other appropriate staff in CARLI.
7. Working cooperatively with appropriate CARLI staff, maintains all CARLI e-mail distribution groups which are related to the electronic resources program.
8. Develops and maintains a comprehensive statistics/reporting program related to the electronic resources program; prepares various detail and summary reports for dissemination to member institutions and the CARLI Board of Directors.
9. Assists in the development and preparation of CARLI reports and information related to the electronic resources program, which are needed for public information/public relations regarding CARLI.
10. Provides primary back-up for the Director of Electronic Resources on the development and preparation of RFPs and related purchase documents for acquisition of electronic resources and services offered through CARLI.
11. Coordinates participant training for selected CARLI resources. Serves as staff liaison to the CARLI Commercial Products Committee and/or its subcommittees and task forces, as directed by the Director if Electronic Resources.
12. Maintains and documents complex processes related to e-resource license agreements and services to member libraries.
13. Full responsibility for obtaining and compiling annual FTE data for use in all license agreements.
14. Performs other duties appropriate for a Senior Electronic Resources Coordinator.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least three years’ relevant experience. Other requirements include: proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Access; experience in developing reports and statistics; strong creative and problem-solving skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively interact with University and departmental officials/staff; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent problem-solving skills to address difficult, complex issues; strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships; ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments; and ability to travel 5% of time.
Preferred qualifications include: Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or pertinent field; library or publisher work experience; technical experience with system or network administration; experience in a consortial library resource sharing environment; experience with library vendor database products and services; experience in performing marketing, public relations, and communications functions.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by October 31, 2017 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
HR Service Center
449 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The System Offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.