Sr. Content Strategist-190001504
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Sr. Content Strategist has a strong understanding of the principles of content strategy with a clear understanding of information architecture, interactive design principles, and web usability. Can produce user-centered design from concept to delivery without supervision. Provides strategic content recommendations and writing/editing support for UX teams, product managers, business lines, and other content stakeholders. May informally mentor or manage a team of UX Content Strategists and Associate UX Content Specialists. Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
1. Writes, edits and implements content based on the U.S. Bank content strategy, including voice and tone, and customer / business-centric site goal.
2. Reviews content with peers and senior content strategists to ensure they accurately represent the U.S. Bank content strategies
3. Formally observes user interviews and usability sessions
4. Analyze and understand end-to-end customer experiences to ensure that all content is consistent in voice/tone/construction and technically correct
5. Assist in gathering requirements and assessing content needs of a given project
6. Update content logs, copy documents, CMS and other documentation systems
7. Provide strategic content recommendations and writing/editing support for UX teams, product managers, business lines, and other content stakeholders
8. Drives, advocates and embodies a customer-centric perspective within and outside the UX Design organization, resulting in consistently simple and innovatively enriching experiences for our customers
9. Applies and updates existing content strategies to accommodate new products and campaigns
10. Validates that content is correctly and accurate implemented across all platforms
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 5-10 years of experience
– Bachelor’s Degree, with an emphasis on English, Writing, Technical Writing, Journalism, Content Strategy, or Library Science preferred
– Deep experience writing a variety of digital content for instructional, transactional and marketing experiences – including navigation labels, form fields labels and messaging, error messages, contextual help messages, alert messages and FAQs.
– Deep experience with data collection and quantitative analysis
– Expert at managing ambiguity, working autonomously and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
– Expert at meeting ambitious deadlines and delivering high quality work on scheduling, including quickly turning around plans and reports.
– Expert at communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
– Deep knowledge of UX best practices.
– Familiar with delivering creative within an Agile environment.
– Understands basic principles of content strategy and information architecture
– Passionate about punctuation and grammar
– Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
– Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations
– Knowledge of content strategy and UX best practices
– A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
– Understands content creation, content inventories and audits, content mapping and modeling, voice and tone guidelines, and governance documentation
– Experience with data-collection and analysis
– Skilled in communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
– Good grasp of quantitative data analysis
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40