Opening Number: 1800611
Position Title: Sciences Librarian (extended closing date)
Position Number: 00101262
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits Eligibility: Benefited – includes retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance
Search by Group: Professional
Division: Academic Affairs
Position Summary Information
North Dakota State University Libraries seeks collaborative and engaged candidates for the position of Sciences Librarian. The Sciences Librarian provides general and specialized research and consultation services, collection development, acts as liaison to academic departments, provides information literacy instruction, assists and does outreach about data management, actively engages in professional development and other scholarly activities, and completes other projects and duties as assigned.
NDSU is a recipient of the National Science Foundations-funded Gateways-ND instructional faculty and staff development program which is focused on improving student outcomes in STEM disciplines through the development of engaging, student-centered teaching methods, making this a particularly exciting time to join NDSU Libraries, and a supportive, highly collaborative, and innovative team.
Founded in 1890, North Dakota State University (NDSU*) is distinctive as a student-focused, land-grant, research university, that provides affordable access to an excellent education at a top-ranked institution that combines teaching and research in a rich learning environment, educating future leaders who will create solutions to national and global challenges that will shape a better world. NDSU is listed in the National Science Foundation’s top 100 in several areas, including agricultural sciences, social sciences, physical sciences, chemistry, psychology and computer sciences. The NDSU Libraries are comprised of the Main Campus Library, Germans from Russia Heritage Collection, NDSU Archives, P. N. Haakenson Health Sciences Library, Klai Juba Wald Architectural Studies Library, and the Business Learning Center.
• An ALA-accredited M.A., M.S., M.L.S., or M.L.I.S.
• Undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline
• Computer skills
• Strong public service orientation, demonstrate a high degree of facility with the evolving technologies of the 21st century library, and well versed in the issues surrounding scholarly communications
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Proven interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, students, and staff
• Demonstrated ability to develop professionally
• Graduate degree in a STEM discipline
• Reference/consultation, instruction and outreach experience in an academic library
• Understanding of trends in data management throughout the research life cycle, including creating, processing, analysis, preservation, access, and reuse of research data
Screening Date: 03/12/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Search Type: Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
Veteran’s Preference Notice: This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
Location (City, State): Fargo, ND