St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, invites applications for a fulltime Research and Instruction Librarian. The Research & Instruction Librarian performs research support, library instruction, and information literacy programming to support the students, faculty, and staff of St. Catherine University, particularly within assigned liaison departments.
• Provides research assistance, including face-to-face and online reference services for students, faculty, staff and other community members.
• Provides library instruction, including one-to-one, classroom and online formats. Collaborates in the design, teaching and assessment of instructional materials as well as the creation of online education resources.
• Works with faculty in designated subject specialty areas to provide library curricular, research and instructional support in a variety of formats.
• Participates in collection development for library resources in multiple formats for designated subject liaison areas.
• Provides a leadership role for a library service to move the goals of the library and university forward. Examples include: assessment, outreach, user experience, educational technology, and instruction.
• Participates with colleagues in planning, implementing and assessing library services.
• Serves on library, campus, professional, and consortia committees.
• Maintains awareness of trends and developments in librarianship through study of professional literature and participation in professional development
• Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited institution and at least one year professional experience in an academic library required.
• Experience providing reference and research assistance and knowledge of emerging trends and innovations.
• Experience teaching and clear understanding of pedagogical methods and their applications.
• Familiarity with contemporary theories, models, and best practices associated with information literacy.
• Ability to seek and leverage opportunities for integrating library services into the university curriculum and to promote the library’s key role in enhancing teaching and learning.
• Strong orientation and commitment to public service.
• Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively with library and community colleagues.
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
• Experience creating online learning objects such as videos, tutorials, websites, interactives, etc.
• Familiarity with instruction assessment techniques and advanced subject expertise.
• Experience teaching information literacy and/or subject-specific research skills.
• Experience advocating for the library’s role on campus.
• Experience exploring innovative approaches to reference and/or instruction.
To apply, please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site: https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/2179.
Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application; we are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Application review will begin on June 19, 2017. Position open until filled.
Emily Asch, Director of Libraries, Archives, and Media: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651.690.6650.