South Dakota State University’s Hilton M. Briggs Library welcomes applications for the position of Research & Instruction Librarian.
· Provides liaison, outreach, and support to academic departments as assigned in order to ensure collections and services meet faculty and student needs.
· Engages and participates in ongoing assessment of student learning, library collections, and services.
· Provides both in-person and online reference service and research consultations with students and faculty, including staffing a general service desk weekend and evening shifts as assigned.
· Maintains current knowledge and understanding regarding scholarly communication, research, and pedagogical theories and practices, particularly as they relate to assigned subject areas
· Designs and produces instructional materials in various formats to meet the research needs of assigned discipline programs.
· Participates in the library’s instruction program by teaching general information literacy skills and advanced subject-specific research skills to undergraduate and graduate students.
· Provides service to the library, SDSU and the profession.
For a complete list of responsibilities, summary of the minimum and preferred qualifications, the application deadline, contact information, questions on the position, and to apply, visit https://YourFuture.sdbor.edu, search for the position, and follow the electronic application process. Full Consideration Deadline: November 9, 2018. For questions on the electronic employment process, contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128. SDSU is an AA/EO employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.