Job Title: 450 – Research Assistant and Research Associate 1
Application Deadline: 09/13/2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This is a Full Time Position.
Wilder Research is currently seeking a Research Assistant and a Research Associate 1 to support senior research staff in conducting community-based research projects. The successful candidate will join a team of researchers carrying out projects in areas such as mental health, public health/health equity, substance misuse, youth development, and juvenile justice.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Helping to coordinate research studies
• Collecting data through surveys, interviews, or focus groups
• Conducting literature reviews
• Assisting with the coding and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
• Working with senior staff to ensure the prompt and accurate completion of research reports and presentations
• Helping to prepare study reports, presentations, proposals, and other research materials.
• Assisting with the preparation of work plans, logic models, project proposals, and other research and evaluation products and tools
• Providing administrative and logistical project support
Successful applicants will have opportunities for ongoing training and skill development.
Candidates must have a good understanding of applied research and evaluation including; instrument design, data collection, coding, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and presentation of results. Candidates must be able to understand, interpret, and describe (in writing and using charts or other graphics) survey results, secondary data, and basic statistical analyses. A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in sociology or a related social science field. For the Research Associate 1 position, at least one year of relevant research experience is also required, which may include internships or assistantships. Social science research experience is preferred. Experience coordinating complex projects or components of research studies is a plus.
Successful candidates must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team, accept feedback and revise work accordingly, and work on tight timelines and manage multiple tasks. Candidates should be organized and work efficiently. Candidates should have a clear and concise writing style. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (especially Word, Excel) and a typing speed of at least 35 wpm are required.
Wilder Research has an organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion. The ability to work respectfully and effectively with professionals and community members from diverse backgrounds and experiences is essential. Bilingual fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or other languages commonly spoken in MN is a plus. Previous experience related to mental health, public health/health equity, substance misuse, youth development and juvenile justice is a plus, especially related to social science research and/or program evaluation.
Please specifically address these job qualifications in your cover letter.
• The Research Assistant position is hourly and the range is from $18.07-$19.02 per hour.
• The Research Associate 1 position is salaried and the range is from $41,878-$46,531 annually.
Please follow the application instructions carefully.
Competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental, 401(k), life, disability, flexible spending and development funds. Eligible federal loans may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
Online Application Information
There are four sections to the application process, please follow these instructions carefully:
• Contact information – Be sure to fill out all of the required fields (marked with a *).
• Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Questions (EEO) – We are required to ask these questions, using this wording, to meet federal guidelines. These questions are optional and declining to answer the questions will NOT affect your application. Most of these questions have a specific “Decline to answer” type choice, but the Gender question does not. If you prefer not to answer the Gender question you can skip it. NOTE: If you apply to multiple positions at Wilder, you may not see these questions for applications after the first one because your browser will automatically answer them from its cache. If you want to change any of your answers for this section from one application to another, please clear your browser cache before starting a new application or use a different browser.
• Resume and cover letter section – Applications for this position require both a resume and cover letter. However, the system allows you to only attach one document. You will need to create and upload a single document containing both your resume and cover letter. Otherwise you can attach one of your documents and paste the text from the other document into the text box or you can paste the text from both documents into the text box. Be aware that information pasted into the text box will lose its formatting. There is no need to include the same information in both the text box and an attached document.
• Final Review – You will be given an opportunity to review the information you are about to submit. If you need to correct something, use the Back buttons in the application, not the ones for your browser. If you attach a new document, it will overwrite any existing document. You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your application. Jobs offers will be contingent on the successful applicant‘s proof of authorization to work in the United States and the results of a background check related to the job requirements.
The Wilder Foundation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all genders, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.