Location: Welsh and Colliers International, MSP
Street Address: 4350 Baker Road Suite 400, Minnetonka MN 55343
# of openings: 1
Welsh & Colliers International MSP is one of the leading commercial real estate companies in the Twin Cities. We have built on our reputation as an industry leader on hard work, dedication, and an unwavering commitment to our shared values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, and mutual profitability. Our dedication to providing a complete range of exceptional real estate services helps to foster a working environment that is both positive and rewarding. We offer services in property management, facility services, architecture, construction, and brokerage. At Welsh & Colliers International, we pride ourselves in having a great work culture and we have been named as one of the best places to work in the Twin Cities by the Minneapolis Business Journal multiple years in a row, including 2015 and 2016.
Welsh offers a competitive compensation and benefit packages. Examples of our benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, etc.
Primary function is to analyze and report on the commercial real estate market in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Conduct research within the commercial real estate industry and prepare data and narrative information for use in market reports, publications, and proposals used by Welsh|Colliers brokerage staff and management in serving our clients.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following specific tasks. Other duties may be assigned at any time.
• Create maps through sophisticated mapping software integrating and analyzing demographic data as well as any other data resources required.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly market reports including collection and preparation of statistical data and graphs representing trends, collaborate with a team of sales professionals to identify market trends, write comprehensive reports to present Collier’s interpretation of current market conditions, work with a graphic designer to create the report layout of final work product
• Attend monthly sales/broker meetings, seeking market activity information
• Field requests by clients, colleagues and press for market data and opinion on the market
• Prepare highly customized ad hoc deliverables including skyline reports, trend analyses and projection reports
• Assist in evaluating and securing the most current informational and data sources available and solicit broker feedback on value.
• Conduct research via on-line services and the Internet to obtain information on ownership, tax records, plat maps, sale data, etc.
• Produce demographic reports and contact lists from purchased databases
• Work with mapping professionals to coordinate the production of sophisticated GIS Maps
• Four year degree with a major in GIS Business, Commercial Real Estate, Economics, Statistics, related field
• Minimum of 3 years work experience
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Proficient in Mapping/GIS Software
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
• Prior experience in a brokerage environment a plus
• Experience analyzing and reporting on market trends, preferably in commercial real estate
• Coordinate maintenance and updates to software programs
• Ability to test new software packages with the potential to improve efficiencies and outputs in the department within budgeting constraints
Knowledge, skills & abilities
• Work independently, adapt and prioritize to changing requirements while collaborating effectively in a team environment
• Ability to manage tasks and thrive in an environment with a fluctuating workload and changing deadlines
• Analytical and writing skills to express complex concepts in writing
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment. Some travel may be required, up to 5%.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to f race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class.
BEST REPRESENTATION STATEMENT
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.
*Welsh Companies, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran