For well over a century, Fish & Richardson has been winning cases worth billions in controversy – often by making new law – for the world’s most innovative and influential technology leaders. Join Fish’s downtown Minneapolis team in our fast-paced Library and Knowledge Information Services team as an Research Analyst.
How Will You Make a Difference?
• Conduct research and coordinate informational support for all firm practice and administrative areas
• Conduct online research associated with requests made by firm legal and support staff
• Execute comprehensive database searches in the firm’s diverse practice and science/technology areas, including those research tasks necessary to support business development initiatives through the competitive intelligence program
• Assist with marketing, training and other strategic plans of the Library & Knowledge Information Services group and the overall expansion of knowledge with intellectual property and legal database resources
• Monitor the Library request system/email list and communicate with Library staff in order to help manage departmental workflow across time zones; provide backup email coverage for Document Delivery Services
What Will You Bring to the Table?
• Bachelors of Arts or Science, with MSLIS or other relevant advanced degree highly desired
• Knowledge of online search services through 2-4 years’ work experience in a library, intellectual property, and/or legal setting
• Comfortable working in a collaborative, dynamic, and open office environment
• Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and build productive relationships with fellow team members, attorneys and staff
Fish has been named the #1 patent litigation firm in the U.S. for 13 consecutive years, handling nearly three times as many cases as its nearest competitor. Our success is rooted in our creative and inclusive culture, which values the diversity of people, experiences, and perspectives.
When you join our team, we offer:
Competitive pay with a rich benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement
Award-winning retirement and profit sharing plans with employer contribution
A family-friendly atmosphere with back-up child care, as well as health and wellness initiatives