JOB TITLE: #1238 Reference Librarian – History Center
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Minnesota History Center, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $3,580.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program (SEGIP) & Retirement program with employer contribution.
CLASSIFICATION: 08L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Reference Manager
POSTING DATE: January 31, 2019
DEADLINE DATE: February 15, 2019
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to provide reference services and access to the MNHS collections in Gale Family Library.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) facilitate the use of MNHS collections for library researchers; 2) provide research instruction to groups of students, adults, and staff members; and 3) support general library operations.
• Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in public-facing library service OR a Master’s degree in library science or archival studies and two years experience with public-facing library service.
• Strong commitment to working with the public and contributing to a customer service team.
• Experience using library and archives tools, such as catalogs and finding aids, to conduct research.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a demanding, high-volume library setting.
• Demonstrated interest in history, special collections, archives, and family history research.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to respond productively to unanticipated changes and assignments.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evening and weekend shifts.
• Instructional experience, preferably in a library setting.
• Experience creating LibGuides or other online subject guides.
• Experience handling records and collections with restricted access due to individual privacy considerations or other issues.
• Experience developing web content and/or using emerging technologies to provide reference services.
• Knowledge of Minnesota History.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants offered employment are subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO